Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Khiladi 786: Music Review


Lonely: This song started out and I liked it. Then the singing started, and I was like wtf am I listening to?! About halfway through the song though, I started singing along to it. There was a little bit of Namastey London in the song, which I liked.

Balma: I saw the promo for this a while ago, and I love that it starts out with Party Rock Anthem, adds some Sheila, some Duniya Mein Logon Ko, sprinkle some Don, and ta-daaa. You've now got a catchy song. I also really like the guy's voice. I looked it up, and the singer is Sreeram from Indian Idol. It's always nice to see people you watched in these reality shows come into movies.


Long Drive: This is a semi-Punjabi number. It's not bad, but I feel like I'd have to be on a long drive to actually listen to it.

Sari Sari Raat: I love the music in this song. It reminds me of Graduation by Vitamin C, which always makes me a bit reminiscent of grade school as it is. Then Himesh started singing, which was surprisingly not super annoying. This may be my favorite song of the lot.

Hookah Bar: "Tera pyaar pyaar pyaar hookah bar" is the chorus. Okay sorry, but that's kind of a desperate rhyme. I read reviews and saw this song would be bad, but I was like nah it probs isn't that bad. It's pretty bad.

Khiladi (Title Track): This song seems like a typical introduction track. Dabangg had it, Singham had it, and now Khiladi does too. I'm pretty excited to see if there's a silly signature step in this one too. Vineet is the singer in this, and I loooooved hearing him. He was one of my favorite SaReGaMaPa contestants. I also wasn't surprised to hear him since uske sar par Himesh Bhai ka haath hai.

Tu Hoor Pari: This is a folk song with a touch of qawwali. It was okay. I liked parts, and didn't like parts. It's growing on me though.


Overall, the soundtrack isn't as bad as I expected after reading a couple other reviews. I think it's a decent album, and will suit the movie well.

2 comments:

  1. akshay kumar is on the way of being another govinda.......i miss the akshay kumar of hera pheri and other priyadarshan films...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. personally I'm a huge fan of Govinda's, but his recent stuff has been crap. Akshay is getting there but IMO he's not quite there yet. A lot of superstars have started not giving a f*** about plot and story recently, which is kind of sad, but remember that in order to sell something, it needs "entertainment, entertainment, entertainment."

      Delete