Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Music Review

Challa: I really like this song. Rabbi Shergill songs are usually pretty good (my fave is probably Tere Bin Sanu Sonya), and this is no exception.


I'm not a huge fan of SRK singing this. This image in general doesn't fit him, and the song suits him even less.

Saans: The song starts out with some strong orchestra and then goes into a typical Mohit Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal song. This of course works because that genre of music is difficult to go wrong with. It's a romantic number picturized on Katrina and SRK, which is a little weird for me, but it's not bad. The reprise of this song is just a slower, sadder version of this song.


Ishq Shava: Raghav sang this song!! I was so excited when I heard this! I've been a Raghav fan for years, so I was looking forward to hearing this song. In all honesty, I did not like this song the first time I heard it. I read a ton about it though and listened to it again. The song is definitely growing on me and it's kind of catchy. I've had the main line stuck in my head for a while.

Heer: I knew I liked this song from the "hooo" start. I had to look up the singer after hearing her voice, and Harshdeep Kaur also sang Jugni from Cocktail (probably my favorite album this year). She does Sufi songs extremely well. This is just another example of that. The music composition is beautiful with the strong violins.

Jiya Re: This song was alright. It was a bit too repetitive though.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan: This is the title track for the movie, and it was okay. I liked the beginning, but after that it was eh.

Ishq Dance: This is an instrumental. It reminds me a lot of the instrumental in Mohobbatein, but more dramatic. I don't love it as much as Fatal Attraction from Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl, but it's still not bad.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Poem): I'm not an SRK fan. If you've read my previous blog posts, this shouldn't be news to you. One thing I do like about him though is his ability to speak. The poem is SRK's voice with AR Rahman's music in the background. The recitation of the poem is not bad, as is expected from SRK. The killer in the audio though is the music, which ranges from light to intense and adds a lot to the poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment