Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi: Movie Review

Wow it's been a while since my last movie review!! I definitely have to fix that, sooo here's a review of Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi.


 Okay let's start with the story. It's kind of out of the ordinary (as you probably already knew) because the protagonists are both older than the average heroes and heroines. The story itself though is fairly straightforward. Two middle-aged people meet randomly, and Farhad immediately falls in love. They go on a couple dates, and soon they're a couple. Farhad's mom coincidentally hates Shirin, which creates some problems, but in true Hindi movie ishtyle, the hero and heroine overcome all their problems and end up with a happily ever after.

Overall the story was bland and not very exciting. It had potential if executed right, but anytime the story started developing, something silly or unnecessary happened to stop the flow. I expected a more complete rom-com, but it didn't live up to hopes and expectations. There were, however, a few "awww" moments that were really cute.

So now let's move on to the acting. Boman Irani, as we all know, is amazing. He's one of the most talented actors Bollywood has and I will always love him. That being said, this didn't live up to his own standards. Farah Khan made her acting debut in this movie. In a lot of scenes, she seemed confident and portrayed her character well, but in every scene that required a sad or heartfelt emotion, she was completely lacking.

The music of this movie was pretty good. Ramba Mein Samba has the best possible picturization for a filmi buff like me. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my quick rant about the awesomeness here. The picturization didn't fit in the movie that well, but oh well. That kind of stuff is easily forgiven in Bollywood. Khatti Meethi is a super cute song. The rest of the songs were decent as well.

Overall, this movie was okay. I didn't have very high expectations in the first place, so I wasn't super disappointed. I did, however, expect the story to be a bit more gripping than it was. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment