Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Independence Day, India!

Happy Independence Day everyone!! August 15 is one of my favorite days of the year because the atmosphere is awesome. If I'm ever in India around this time, my cousins and I would go up to the roof and fly kites all day. Here in America, August 15 on the weekends is the best because all TV shows (namely SaReGaMaPa, Indian Idol, Dance India Dance, etc.) have specials with the most amazing songs. Everyone is in that deshbhakt (patriotic) mood, so all songs become more impactful all of a sudden.
Some of my favorite August 15 memories have to do with the songs. So, as my tribute to August 15 and its awesomeness, I have put together a list of some of my top 10 favorite patriotic songs. Enjoy, and feel free to add to the list!!
  1. Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon Lata Mangeshkar
  2. Sandese Aate Hain Border
  3. Ae Mere Pyaare Watan Kabuliwala
  4. Ab Tumhare Hawaale Watan Saathiyo Haqeeqat
  5. Dil Diya Hai Karma
  6. Rang De Basanti Rang De Basanti
  7. Maa Tujhe Salaam A.R. Rahman
  8. Hindustani Dus
  9. Zindagi Maut Na Ban Jaaye Sarfarosh
  10. East or West India Is the Best Judwaa
Not on the list, but a nice tribute to India:

No comments:

Post a Comment