Monday, July 30, 2012

Penn Masala

This is my new obsession. Penn Masala is the world's first Hindi a cappella group. For those who don't know, a cappella is basically singing without instruments, so they make their own music by beat boxing, humming, etc. This group is a Hindi group in America, so they mix Hindi and English songs. Other such groups include Chai-Town from the University of Illinois, Dil Se from UC Berkeley, Ektaal from the University of Virginia, Taal Tadka from Georgia Tech, etc.

Anyways, I'd heard about Penn Masala for years and seen videos on Facebook and stuff since I have some friends at UPenn. I thought they were pretty good, but I had never actually listened to their songs much. A couple days ago, my roommate and I ended up talking about Penn Masala somehow, and so I decided to listen to their stuff at work today. Luckily, they were on Spotify, so I could just let it play in the background as I worked (or pretended to at least).

So long story short, I love almost every song of theirs. Some of my favories are probably:
 - She Will Be Loved - Kabhi Kabhi
 - Heartless - Kabhi Kabhi
 - Bahara
 - Zara Sa - With You
 - Because of You - Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai
 - Aadat - Apologize

I liked a ton of the other ones too, but these are just the ones that I could remember liking off the top of my head. Definitely check them out if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment