Monday, June 11, 2012

Chakradhaar: Music Review

So apparently there's this movie called Chakradhaar. For some reason there's no Wikipedia or IMDB page for it, but there was a recent music release and apparently the movie's coming out June 15, according to some random websites that Google showed me. I did find a trailer and some music promos on YouTube though!
Here's the trailer (because if you're like me, you hadn't heard of this movie until just now):


This album has 4 songs, and overall the soundtrack is okay. I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's better than I expected for movie with such little publicity.
Har Mod Pe - This is the fastest pace song in the movie and I thought it was kind of catchy. Shaan sang the song, and the beginning somehow reminds me a lot of a faster version of Tune Mujhe Pehchaana Nahi from Raju Chacha. Maybe that's just me though. Regardless it has a 90s/early 2000s feel to it.
Bin Tere - This has to be one of the most common song titles in Bollywood. Most songs with that title that I've heard have been good, so I wanted to like this song. It wasn't a bad song, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to.
Billori - The item song of the lot. I felt like something was lacking here. It didn't have the item song feel at all and isn't catchy. I also didn't really like the video at all.


Chakradhaar (Theme) - This isn't really a song, but rather sounds like the score from the movie. It seemed kind of intense, which makes sense because the trailer seemed intense too.

My favorite song from the movie is Har Mod Pe. It's very 90s reminiscent for me, so I like it. Check it out if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment