Sunday, May 27, 2012

Recent Trailers: Cocktail and Bol Bachchan

Cocktail is a Saif Ali Khan production starring himself, Deepika Padukone, and newcomer Diana Penty. The trailer released on May 20, but since I had very limited internet access until now, I'm talking about it a week late. So without further adieu, here's the trailer:


Everyone seems to be completely in their element here. Saif Ali Khan is a flirty type guy, as always, and Deepika is a young and wild chick. Saif Ali Khan was kind of the same in Love Aaj Kal, Hum Tum, etc. and Deepika has been the same in Love Aaj Kal, Break Ke Baad, etc. Her look also looks especially messy and untidy. Diana seems like an interesting character and I'm looking forward to seeing how her character meshes with the other two. As many have said, this movie seems a lot like Love Aaj Kal, and I think it looks like a mix of Love Aaj Kal, Threes Company, and your favorite "contemporary" Bollywood movie revolving around young people who become friends but then fall in love. I'm not really a fan of Deepika's, but I really like Saifu and I think I'd like Diana, so hopefully this movie isn't crappy. Dimple Kapadia (love her) and Boman Irani are also in this, and I can't wait to see them!!
There were two songs in the trailer: Angreji Beat and Tumhi Ho Bandhu. Angreji Beat in my opinion is eh. A lot of people seem to like it, but I feel like it's lacking somewhere. I like Tumhi Ho Bandhu though (it was even on my top 10 for the week).


The other movie that recently released a trailer is Bol Bachchan. This is a remake of the original Gol Maal starring Amol Palekar. This new movie has Ajay Devgan, Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, and Prachi Desai. Check out the trailer:


Now Gol Maal is one of my all time favorite movies. The comedy in that movie and in other movies like Chupke Chupke are unparalleled even today and these movies define comedy for me. Golmaal movies have a more slapstick kind of modern humor. From the trailer, it looks like this movie combines the comic storyline of Gol Maal with the Ajay Devgan-Rohit Shetty style of humor. It also looks like a movie from the new Golmaal series of movies that these two have made with the insane scenes and large sets. I personally like the Golmaal series, so I have high hopes for this one as well. The one thing I don't like is that Abhishek Bachchan is probably the main character. I am definitely not a fan of his, so the only reason I'm watching this movie is for Ajay Devgan and Rohit Shetty. I also find it strange that Ajay Devgan is shown almost as much as, if not more than, Abhishek Bachchan in the trailer, but if this story is like Gol Maal's was, then Abhishek has the bigger role. Hopefully the trailer isn't misleading and Ajay Devgan actually does have a large role.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know that Bol Bachchan is a remake of Gol Maal. That makes a lot more sense, thanks! And yup, hopefully both movies go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepp it's a remake of the original Gol Maal. From the trailer it looks like it's going to follow the original story closely, all the way down to the fact that the defining feature between the two "twin brothers" is the mustache. I'm hoping Ajay Devgan is an older brother thouogh and not the dad...he's definitely not old enouogh to be Abhishek Bachchan's father in law!

      Delete